Monday, February 4, 2008

Another Two Bite the Dust

Murder by the Glass

The first book: Murder Uncorked was much better. The main character for a portion of the book did not sound like the Nikki Sands I had previously become familiar with. Meaning there were far too many comments like "Gag me with a spoon", "Where's the barf bag", "It's going to be hard to hold down my lunch", and "Oh, vomit." She came across like more of the sort of person I would try an avoid much conversation with.
There was also significantly less wine education to be gleaned. The previous book makes plenty of mention about viticulture where the only real mention in this book was about the legs of wine which many people find to be a bogus thing to judge a wine by anyhow.
As a murder mystery it was alright but fell short of my expectations. This ended up reading a bit more like a romance than something to sooth the soul of any oenophile or lover of a mystery junkie.

Antigone

Dear Lord - I loved this book. If you haven't read this - GO! READ IT NOW!

No comments: