Thursday, January 31, 2008

A New Day

Alright.

I'm not happy with this blog.

So I've deleted all postings that preceded this - I only started this the other day - so no one has missed much.

I love fashion and food but who wants to read a blog with a bunch of regurgitated writings. I will look into what I can do to provide a list of links to the blogs I love so dearly and you may read them on your own. Every so often I will post something here that has been copied. This is really done because I hate having millions of links saved to my computer.

Why bother posting again? Because there is still purpose - and as much as I enjoy those other blogs I'd really like to contribute something or moderate substance.

New years resolutions are for fools. You don't need a new year as an excuse to do or not do something. Start now.

Technically I started this , maybe a week ago - but to make the best sense of it I am calling it my New Years resolution.

The resolution is - to see if I am able to read three hundred or more books this year.

As of today here is what I have read (since the beginning of 2008):
Haunted
A French Woman for All Seasons
Diary
Coraline
Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs
Something Wicked This Way Comes
I Am America and So Can You
My Life in France
Portrait of Dorian Gray
Waiting for Godot

The rules are simple:
1)Audio books and downloads count but cannot be the majority of the final tally
2)School books count
3)The book must be finished - reading the vast majority and stopping doesn't count

Recommendations are more than welcome. All I ask is that they be quality. Fiction is fine but I'm not really looking to read the complete works of Nora Roberts.

Books that are currently mostly or partially read that I will be finishing:
The Art of Happiness
The Complete Poems of Charles Baudelair
Murder by Manicure
Spoon River Anthology
Dantes Inferno
Raiders of the Lost Corset
The Complete Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm
Wicked

I'm appropriately ashamed that I have started and not finished these books with the exception of Wicked.

Thoughts on the books and random goings on will be posted at a later time.

For now - I've said far too much for one day.

No comments: